Proof of Correction Information

Proof of correction can be obtained by visiting a law enforcement agency, and having an agent fill out the certificate of correction. This is located on the reverse side of your citation.

If you were cited for expired vehicle registration, expired license or no license in possession, you may have a representative from the Department of Motor Vehicles fill out the certificate of correction.

Proof of insurance cannot be signed-off by a law enforcement officer or agent from DMV. It must be sent directly to the court.

The certificate of correction must be received in person or by mail by the court along with the fine on or before the due date indicated on your citation or court notice.

You may request an extension to obtain proof of correction by speaking with a traffic clerk.